The main functions of the LaSalle County Farm Bureau Foundation is to encourage and fund agriculture-related education and research, to sponsor and fund seminars regarding agriculture-related subjects and leadership skills in the field of agriculture and to provide scholarships for individuals studying agriculture and related fields.
Opportunities for Foundation funds include but are not limited to:
- To encourage, promote and fund scientific research designed to improve crop and livestock production;
- To provide scholarships for persons studying agriculture and related fields;
- To promote farm-city understanding and cooperation;
- To promote and conduct seminars and schools for educational and scientific purposes in the field of agriculture and its related disciplines;
- To engage in any charitable projects which will benefit agriculture in any of its phases.
Anyone can contribute to the LaSalle County Farm Bureau Foundation. The Foundation accepts charitable contributions. Because the Foundation is non-profit, organized under 501C3 of the Internal Revenue Code, contributors can deduct their gifts as allowed by law. These gifts can take many forms, such as monetary donations and land or estate donations.